Tetzaveh (Exodus 27:20-30:10) is about how the priestly clothing was to be made. In this section of Torah we learn that Aaron is to be the high priest. This section also covers other aspects of the tents protecting the center of the priests' responsibilities, the site of worship, the tabernacle or Mishkan. And it closes with information about sacrifices or offerings.
Alternative spellings: Tetzaveh, Tetsaveh, T'tzaveh, T'tzavveh, תְּצַוֶּה
The light for the "Holy of Holies", including how to make the oil so it burns brightly, is one of the topics of this parsha. Commentaries mention the analogy to the light of the spirit, the light of G-d's love, the ever-presence and illumination provided by G-d in our lives.
- Oil for the light of the Menorah
- The clothes worn by Cohen in the Mishkan and Beit Hamikdash.
- The inauguration of the Cohenim.
- The commandment for the Mizbeach Hazahav.
- On the American Jewish University site, Light and Meaning by Rabbi Cheryl Peretz
- Wikipedia's article on Tetzaveh
- HebCal with the dates for reading Tetzaveh
|Bereshit / Genesis||Bereshit (parsha) Noach Lekh-L'kha Vayera Haye Sarah Toldot Vayetze Vayishlah Vayeshev Miketz Vayigash Vayehi|
|Sh'mot / Exodus||Sh'mot (parsha) Vaera Bo B'shalah Yitro Mishpatim Terumah Tetzaveh Ki Tissa Vayakhel Pekudei|
|Vayikra / Leviticus||Vayikra (parsha) Tzav Shemini Tazria Metzora Ahare Mot Kedoshim Emor B'har B'hukotai|
|B'midbar / Numbers||B'midbar (parsha) Naso B'ha'alotekha Shlah Korah Hukkat Balak Pinhas Mattot Masei|
|D'varim / Deuteronomy||D'varim (parsha) Va'et'hanan Ekev Re'eh Shoftim Ki Tetze Ki Tavo Nitzavim Vayelekh Ha'azinu V'zot Haberakhah|